BLUEPOINT deals with market conditions as they really are. Data Analysis reveals the realities of market behaviour, Scenario Specification lets you create a range of possible future environments, and Portfolio Construction helps you build portfolios that can manage them. BLUEPOINT provides clarity, in that you don’t just know what’s in your portfolio, you know precisely why it’s there. Clarity is the key to investment programme control.
BLUEPOINT is based on how markets actually behave. Experience shows that they are subject to periodic, fundamental and sometimes violent change, so risk must be managed dynamically, over a range of possible scenarios
BLUEPOINT sorts through masses of information, identifying clearly what is relevant and enabling you to see exactly what will happen to your portfolio and individual assets in different scenarios – which you can define for yourself, or find in the system’s library.
BLUEPOINT is a user-friendly information-management tool. The system asks you to place a degree of importance on a range of scenarios that you can choose or define, and then finds the portfolio that has the best chance of achieving the goals of the investment programme across the entire range of possibilities.
• Identify true diversifiers by comparing asset performance across a range of scenarios
• Clear, user-friendly, step-by-step approach to portfolio management
• A full audit trail of investment decisions and the reasons for them – enabling internal and external oversight
• Accessible anywhere, with world-class security through the Microsoft Azure platform
BLUEPOINT Analytics was founded by a group of finance and digital professionals with the express aim of creating a comprehensive decision-support system to address the genuine needs of investment practitioners.
We believe that our technology will have a significant impact on future investment practice, as it utilises our unique BLUEPOINT Active Intelligence Technology to deliver clarification & control of your investment portfolio in dynamic market conditions. We no longer need to adhere to conventions that arose from an inability to analyse complex situations. The idea that markets essentially fluctuate around a single stable state, is repeatedly contradicted by events that demonstrate that markets shift into different environments. There isn’t one set of market conditions, there are many. BLUEPOINT enables you to manage risk and control your portfolio across a range of scenarios. It doesn’t predict the future but gives you a full and nuanced feel for current conditions. This means you can recognise market change and decide how best to manage your portfolio with confidence.
BLUEPOINT, an innovative decision-support platform for investment professionals, based on advanced cloud technology and a real-world approach to investment, has officially launched. The system enables users to prepare for and actively manage risk across an unlimited range of market scenarios. BLUEPOINT was created by a team of Jersey-based digital and financial professionals. It is distinguished[…]
1. Introduction The application of mathematical models to social situations is seen by some as a natural extension of their use in physical science. But there are crucial differences. For example, the lack of controlled and repeatable experimentation stands in sharp contrast to the situation in physics, where theories make precise predictions that can be[…]
1. Introduction A well-known legal anecdote has it that the barrister Sir Edward Marshall Hall, when asked by a judge, “Is your client familiar with the doctrine of Res Ipsa Loquitur?”, replied, “My Lord, in the remote hills of County Donegal from where my client hails, they speak of little else.” In many ways that[…]